The Hessel Group follows the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) contained in the Privacy Act. This policy is to ensure that all people by way of association with the Hessel Group services have the right to the protection of their personal information. To fulfil this obligation, we will ensure all information is kept in a secure place and is accessible to only those people who need the information to complete their responsibilities in relation to the function and activities with the Hessel group or have a right to know.
Type of Information Collected
The Hessel group collects personal information directly from you. We may also collect information directly about you, but only in circumstances where you would reasonably expect it, or where you have consented. All personal information will be collected in a lawful and fair way.
Examples include referee comments and criminal checks in relation to recruitment if it is for or directly relates to one or more of the Hessel Group’s functions or activities.
The information we collect is reasonably necessary to;
- Provide the quality services and care
- Maintain your contact information
- Fulfil our legal obligations under applicable laws and rules.
We generally hold personal information relating to;
- The services we provide or have provided to you
- Your name, contact details and any medical information that is required by users to maintain a healthy and safe working environment
- Tax file number, drivers licence, Medicare numbers, qualifications, health conditions (for recruitment purposes)
- Records of training/qualifications
- Visa/passport information in relation to funded training with Enhance Training
- Bank and credit card details in relation to payments.
Note: Hessel Group payments made using SecurePay will mean that we will never have access to full customer credit card information or data.
We do not generally collect sensitive information about the individuals unless required or authorised by or under an Australian law, rule or a court/tribunal order. Should sensitive information be required, your consent will be sought prior to collection of the information.
Third Party Collection of Data
How the Information is Used
The Hessel group only use and disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or related purposes which would be reasonably expected without your permission. For example, we may use and disclose personal information to process applications, administer and manage our services including monitoring, auditing and evaluating of those services and communicate with you and deal with any complaints or enquiries.
We may from time to time also use your personal information to inform you of changes to our services which we expect may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to opt-out of receiving marketing material in communications we have with you, such as forms, letters, or emails, or you can contact us at www.hesselgroup.com.au.
How you can access or correct your information
Individuals can contact a Hessel group representative to request access to or correction of your personal information.
Destroying of Personal Information
If the personal information is no longer required and there is no law that says that the Hessel Group must retain the information then the information will be destroyed in the following ways;
- De-identifying the information
- Shredded or destroyed personal information
- Files will be destroyed of in security bins
- Electronic records or files will be deleted.
Breaches of Australian Privacy Principles
Inquires or complaints from individuals about the Hessel Group’s compliance to the APP should be in line Reporting Grievances & Complaints Policy.