In Home Care Educator
The role of an educator is similar to that of a nanny, but there are some additions to the role.
The Government provides a service to eligible families, this is In Home Care and the carer is an Educator.
The difference between a nanny and an Educator is that just like an Early Childhood Centre, educators are required to work under the same framework and are governed by In-Home Care Standards.
This means for you that you will also be supporting child-led activities to meet quality educational outcomes for children being cared for at home under In-Home Care.
Does this sound like you?
- Have a genuine love of working with children and a nurturing nature
- Ability to maintain observations and documentation about the children in your care
- Great communication skills
- Understand the importance of children’s developmental needs and creating a caring environment
- Reliable, flexible, trustworthy and respectful
- Creative nature to plan fun and educational activities
- Commitment to making a positive difference
What you need
- Either hold or are working towards Certificate III or higher in Early Childhood Education and Care
- First Aid training—HLTAID012 (including Asthma & Anaphylaxis)
- DHS Child Related Employment Screening or Working with Children Check
- Through Their Eyes (previously known as Child safe environments) Certificate – Online or RAN -EC not accepted
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) or willing to create one, as this is a contractor role
- Hold current Drivers Licence with a reliable Car
View more about InHome Care here: