Disability Support Worker
As a support worker, you will be supporting people who are living with a disability. Our clients’ ages can range from infant to adults aged 65. You will be supporting the individual needs of each client and assisting them to reach their individual goals to develop a greater level of independence.
Support is generally carried out within a home environment. You would be required to assist with daily personal activities, respite, household tasks, physical wellbeing, assistance with school or other education programs and social activities.
Does this sound like you?
- Have a positive outlook and belief in each person’s potential
- Kind and empathetic to the needs of others
- A good problem solver
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with people
- A genuine interest in people
- Adaptable and flexible
- Professional work ethic
What you need
- Certificate III in Individual Support or higher (preferred) or working towards
- Relevant experience working with children or adults living with a disability
- DHS Child Related Clearance or Working with Children Check
- NDIS Worker Check
- First Aid training – HLTAID004 or HLTAID003
- Through Their Eyes (previously known as Child safe environments) Certificate – Online or RAN -EC not accepted
- Need to have a Roadworthy Certificate or willing to do
- Mandatory training will need to be completed upon successful application