Care & Support

In-Home Care service in South Australia

In Home Care 1920x0 c default

What is In-Home Care?

Have you found accessing mainstream childcare difficult or not even an option? Hessel Group is an approved provider of In-Home Care through the In-Home Care Support Agency. IHC is a flexible form of child care that is provided in your home by an approved educator. This program enables families with unusual work, location or care requirements to access approved child care in their home.

In-Home Care is one of the Government’s Childcare funded services attracting the Child Care Subsidy (CCS).

In-Home Care can look different for every family, with the number of subsidised hours available per week based on your family’s circumstances. That is why we spend the time to learn about your family and find the best solution for you. We make sure to involve you in every step of the process, including selecting your educator.

Most importantly, we won’t forget about you and will continue supporting you throughout the care provided.

Enquire Now

What is an educator?

An educator is the approved carer working within the In-Home Care Program. Educators are required to work under the National Quality Framework for Australia and are governed by In-Home Care Standards.

Your educator will chat with you to learn about your child and create individual plans with a learn-through-play environment. You will see first-hand the benefits to your family and child from having an educator in your home.

Learn more about the role of an In Home Care educator with Hessel Group here.

Am I eligible?

To be eligible for subsidised care under the IHC program you must qualify for the Child Care Subsidy and be able to demonstrate that other types of approved child care are not available or appropriate and where one or more of the following criteria apply:

  • parents or carers are working non-standard or variable hours, outside normal child care service hours
  • parents or carers are geographically isolated from other types of approved child care, particularly in rural or remote locations
  • the family has challenging or complex needs, including where families are experiencing challenging situations, and other approved child care services are not able to meet the needs of the child or the family.
Want to learn more?

Contact Hessel Group and we can talk you through the eligibility criteria.
Alternatively, get in touch with the In Home Care Support Agency for more information.

Contact our team

Have you registered for the Child Care Subsidy?

Before you can apply for In Home Care you must be registered with the Australian Government Department of Education to receive CCS benefits. Haven’t done it? To help you with this process please contact your nearest Centrelink office or visit the website to learn more.

Frequently Asked Questions

In-Home Care and the Child Care Subsidy are supported by the Australian and South Australian Governments and are designed to support families who cannot access mainstream child care. This link may answer your question or point you in the right direction. We have compiled a list of answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.

Work with us!

Did you know working as an In-Home Care Educator is flexible and rewarding? Find out more here!

Do you have a question about In-Home Care?

Contact us to learn more