Clinical Lead - Behaviour Support
Hessel Group has been providing quality care, support and training to South Australians since 1998.
Here, at the Hessel Group, we care to make a difference. We have been committed to this philosophy since we started in 1998. Whether we provide in-home care and support, NDIS and disability services, training services, or we’re sourcing a trainee for your business, we care about your individual needs. All our services are tailor-made because we know there is no such thing as a one size fits all solution.
About the role:
Due to growth within our Allied Health and Behaviour Support division, we are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Clinical Lead to take on the role of overseeing our Behaviour Support Team. The chosen candidate will be required to apply their operational and clinical skills to lead the team of Behaviour Support Practitioners (BSPs) within the NDIS sector.
The Clinical Lead will be responsible for leading, managing and providing supervision to a team of BSPs. The Clinical Lead will provide a high level of supervision to the BSPs, high level collaboration with NDIS Commission and client groups, clinical framework development and evaluation of clinical program outcomes, and contribute to best practice in the field. The work is based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis and Positive Behaviour Support for children and adults in the home, community, and school/workplace settings.
- Contribute to research and evaluation of the clinical framework and apply behaviour management practices to the measurement and maintenance of clinical quality and quality improvement
- Drive increase in quality of life and quality of life outcomes for client group
- Use and contribute to evidence-based practice to inform interventions
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all key stakeholders including families and support organisations.
- Participation in internal Agency Quality Review meetings and activities
- Provide support in crisis situations
- Ensure all ethical procedures are sustained
- Ensure practitioners and therapists are operating under industry compliance standards, legislative requirements, and organisational policies and are maintaining ethical practices at all times
- Adhere to NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission requirements
- Ensure a high level workflow management including organisation and management of self and BSPs
- Provide high level of supervision, both clinically and administratively, to Behaviour Support Practitioners and Behaviour Therapists
- Use high level analytical skills in decision-making based on objective evidence and data
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in clinical practice service delivery and professional development of practitioners
- Undertake performance development activities including performance reviews for team members
Knowledge and Skills
- Post graduate qualifications related to Positive Behaviour Support and Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Demonstrated experience managing teams using highly refined leadership skills
- Demonstrated capacity to process large amounts of data/information with speed, synthesise and operationalise
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to prepare and finalise complex reports
- Demonstrated experience providing clinical supervision to Behaviour Support Practitioners
- Substantial experience providing Positive Behaviour Support services
- Extensive knowledge of federal and/or territory legislation and process related to restricted practice.
- Ability to attain all mandatory compliance checks including the NDIS Workers Screening Check, WWCC, Through Their Eyes, Applied First Aid and Advanced/Specialist Practitioner Registration
The Hessel Group is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We highly encourage applicants from people who identify as a part of the Australian and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
We offer professional development opportunities along with offering a great culture and work-life, including flexible work arrangements.
How to apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter outlining your experience to email@example.com.