As a nanny, you will be working within a family home setting providing individual attention to the children in your care. Routines and activities are led by the parents, but there is plenty of room for you to enjoy creating new experiences for the children. As a nanny, you will also have child-related tasks. These may include light household duties such as meals and tidying up.
Nanny work is regular, but can be flexible with our families requiring various days and times of care. You will be carefully matched with a family looking for care and as our employee, you won’t need to worry about insurances or WorkCover.
You may also be offered the opportunity to obtain casual shifts as a babysitter where no ongoing commitment to a family is required. As a babysitter, you can work in various settings which may include the family home, hotel or other environments. You will be supervising and caring for the children’s needs while in your care.
Does it sound like you?
- Have a genuine love of working with children and a nurturing nature
- Great communication skills
- Understand the importance of children’s developmental needs and creating a caring environment
- Reliable, flexible, trustworthy and respectful
- Creative nature to plan fun and educational activities
- Commitment to making a positive difference
What you would need
- Experience working with children.
- Through Their Eyes (previously known as Child safe environments) Certificate – Online or RAN-EC not accepted
- First Aid training—HLTAID012
- DHS Child Related Clearance or Working with Children Check
- Advantageous to have an Early Childhood qualification