As an out of home carer, you will play a vital role in the lives of children and young people who live in residential or emergency care settings. As an out of home carer, you will be assisting young people aged 0-18 with their day to day care requirements.
You will be required to support, promote independence and teach life skills to young people who have complex care needs. With care required 24/7 in these circumstances, you will be employed on a flexible casual working roster, allowing you to choose the hours that suit you.
Interested, do you?
- Have an understanding of children’s behaviours and coping skills
- Able to be calming and caring
- Have professional work ethic
- Have a positive outlook and belief in each person’s potential
- A good problem solver
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with people
- A genuine interest in people
- Adaptability and flexibility
What you need
- Certificate IV Youth work or higher
- Experience working children and young people with trauma
- Child Safe Environments training – not online or RAN -EC
- First Aid training – HLTAID004
- DCSI Child Related Clearance
- A full unrestricted South Australian drivers licence
- A reliable vehicle suitable to transport children and young people as part of your role
- Car Insurance
- Car registration
currently HIRING IN THE SOUTHERN SUBURBS.