As a support worker, you will be supporting people who are living with a disability. Our client’s ages can range from infant to adults aged 64. You will be supporting the individual needs of each client and assisting them to reach their individual goals to develop a greater level of independence.
Support is generally carried out within a home environment. You would be required to assist with daily personal activities, respite, household tasks, physical wellbeing, assistance with school or other education programs and social activities.
Sound good? does this sound like you?
- Have a positive outlook and belief in each person’s potential
- Kind and empathetic to the needs of others
- A good problem solver
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with people
- A genuine interest in people
- Adaptable and flexible
- Professional work ethic
What you would need
- Must be 18+ years of age
- A resume detailing your relevant experience working within the caring industry preferably working with children with intellectual disabilities
- A CURRENT DCSI Child Related Clearance (valid for 3 years) or Working With CHildren Check (valid for 5 years)
- A CURRENT First Aid Certificate – HLTAID003/HLTAID004 (valid for 3 years)
- A CURRENT First Aid CPR certificate – HLTAID001 (valid for 12 months)
- A CURRENT Through their eyes Certificate (Previously known as Child Safe Environments) – valid for 3 years and cannot be online or RAN-EC training
To be considered, you must
- Be prepared to undergo a Medical Report Form, which will be emailed to you
- Demonstrate an understanding of and respect the highly confidential nature of your workplace
- Demonstrate the confidence to work independently within a home-based setting
- Demonstrate the ability to take direction
- Demonstrate the ability to be self-motivated and resourceful
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate both verbally and written
To put forward your application, please include the listed certificates and a minimum of two (2) contactable references when applying.