At Hessel, there are opportunities to work across many roles including nanny, educator, babysitter and mobile event creche carer.
As a nanny, you will be working within a family home setting providing individual attention to the children in your care. Routines and activities are led by the parents, but there is plenty of room for you to enjoy creating new experiences for the children. As a nanny you will also have child-related tasks. These may include light household duties such as meals and tidying up.
Nanny work is regular and but can be flexible with our families requiring various days and times of care. You will be carefully matched with a family looking for care and as our employee, you won’t need to worry about insurances or WorkCover.
The role of an educator is similar to that of a nanny, but there are some additions to the role. Just to explain The Government provides a service to eligible families, this is In-Home Care and the carer is an Educator. The difference between a nanny and an Educator is that just like an Early Childhood Centre, educators are required to work under the same framework and are governed by In-Home Care Standards. This means for you that you will also be supporting child led activities to meet quality educational outcomes for children being cared for at home under In-Home Care.
You may also be offered the opportunity to obtain casual shifts as a babysitter where no ongoing commitment to a family is required. As a babysitter, you can work in various settings which may include the family home, hotel or other environments. You will be supervising and caring for the children’s needs while in your care.
Mobile event Creche Carer
This is a great service we offer to support the care of children in private and corporate functions so that the little guests have a load of fun too! A creche can be held in varying environments such as function rooms but are all individually created with the children in mind. Your role is to provide a safe and nurturing environment but to also to make sure children in the creche are having a great time and are walking out with a big smile!
Sound like you?
- Have a genuine love of working with children and a nurturing nature
- Great communication skills
- Understand importance of children’s developmental needs and creating caring environment
- Reliable, flexible, trustworthy and respectful
- Creative nature to plan fun and educational activities
- Commitment to making a positive difference
What you would need
- Experience working with children
- Child Safe Environments training – not online or RAN -EC
- First Aid training – HLTAID004
- DCSI Child Related Clearance
- An advantage if you have an Early Childhood qualification