Child Safe Environments Certificate
Our Community Response to Child Abuse and Neglect
Children need to feel valued, respected and safe in order to grow and develop. Creating an environment for children with this in mind can support them to reach their fullest potential. This training is important if you are working with children in any capacity.
The content focuses on:
- To create an awareness of the current need for child protection across Australia and in South Australia
- To understand the importance of maintaining a child focus
- To understand legislation requirements for mandatory reporting in South Australia
- To understand about risk and harm behaviours and indicators
- To understand on how to respond to disclosure and
- To understand how to report suspicions of risk and harm
- Through their eyes: Values and attitudes
- Risk and harm: abuse related trauma
- Sexual abuse
- Through their eyes: disclosure
- Safe organisations
- Reporting suspicion of risk and harm
Which course is right for you?
Full Day Training: This is mandatory if you are attending this course for the first time.
Refresher Training: This is mandatory if you have completed a Certificate in the past and an update is required (renewal)
Both training sessions are classroom based, providing you with an interactive and supportive environment.
Why choose a classroom based course over online?
The content that is contained is this course can be quite confronting. By being classroom based, we are able to provide you with an interactive and supportive learning environment.