Safe Environments for Children and Young People—Through their eyes Training
Our Community Response to Child Abuse and Neglect
Children need to feel valued, respected and safe in order to grow and develop. Creating an environment for children with this in mind can support them to reach their fullest potential. This training is important if you are working with children in any capacity.
The content focuses on:
- Awareness of the current need for child protection across Australia
- The importance of maintaining a child focus
- Legislation requirements for mandatory reporting in South Australia
- Risk and harm behaviours and indicators
- Responding to disclosure and
- Reporting suspicions of risk and harm
- Through their eyes: Values and attitudes
- Risk and harm: abuse related trauma
- Sexual abuse
- Through their eyes: disclosure
- Safe organisations
- Reporting suspicion of risk and harm
Which course is right for you?
Full Day Training: This is the first time you are completing this course.
Refresher Training: You have completed Safe Environments for Children and Young People—Through their eyes training in the past, and you simply need to update it.
Both training sessions are classroom based, providing you with an interactive and supportive environment.
Why choose a classroom based course over online?
The content that is contained is this course can be quite confronting. By being classroom based, we are able to provide you with an interactive and supportive learning environment.
You can download the Program Flyer here