Social Work and Key Work
Want to make an enquiry or make a booking?
Contact us for more information or book a Social Work session now.
What is Social Work?
Our Social Workers focus on maintaining and enhancing your quality of life in a range of settings to facilitate empowerment and assist you. Our work includes individual planning, counselling, coordination, and case management, as well as advocacy.
Our Social Workers facilitate your empowerment (and that of your family and community) to achieve your needs, goals, and aspirations.
THE ROLE OF THE SOCIAL WORKER FOCUSES ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Information and advice to navigate services and access resources
- Individual and family assessments in order to offer appropriate support in services
- Counselling, emotional support and therapy
- Support to assist with life transitions in areas such as high school, accommodation, vocational placements, etc
- Education on understanding relationships and friendships
- Conflict resolution for individuals, families, and carers
What is a Key Worker?
A Key Worker is an early childhood intervention professional and maybe an Early Childhood Special Educator, Occupational Therapist, or Psychologist. Your Key Worker becomes the main contact for all the family’s needs and is the person you see and talk to the most.
Our Key Workers use a family-centred approach. We understand how important it is to work in partnership with families. Working in partnerships gives families choice and control about how to support their child.
Need more information or to make a booking?Contact Us
YOUR KEY WORKER HELPS YOUR CHILD’S LIFE BY PROVIDING YOU WITH:
- Support in meeting with an NDIS planner
- Guidance to make informed decisions about your child’s development
- Assistance in developing goals with you for your child which focus on your priorities
- Support to embed goals for learning in your everyday activities and routines
- Support to access local community services and activities, e.g. childcare, school, shopping centre, local park, sports groups
People of all ages are eligible to have this service, except the key worker service is only available for children under 7.
You may either choose to have these sessions occur in our clinics, the client’s home, educational/ vocational facility or in the community.
Meet our multidisciplinary team of Therapists and Clinicians here.