Hessel Group are very excited to be expanding our community outreach with our brand-new Hessel Children’s Centre.
The Hessel Children’s Centre philosophy and curriculum is delivered with understanding, in nurturing, safe and modern environments, by qualified, responsive staff who facilitate and promote lifelong learning and wellness for children aged 0-5.
We are looking at engaging a full-time Centre Director who’s values and practise align with our philosophy and delivery of service.
About the position
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Centre Director will manage the day to day operations of the centre and establish and sustain a positive learning environment for children.
As the leader of the centre, you will establish respectful and reciprocal relationships with families, and develop the centre team to provide high-quality education and care.
You will oversee the coordination of educational programs that comply with local and federal regulations, ensure that facilities are maintained, manage and support all centre staff and manage the centre’s financial affairs.
Duties will include, but are not limited to
- Commit to the Hessel Group Work Health Safety and Environmental (WHS&E) Policies and procedures including incident reporting and risk management
- Commit to the Hessel Group Quality Management System including identifying and reporting opportunities for improvement
- Establish the initial set up and arrangement of the Child Care Centre
- Ensure a safe, happy, and stimulating environment for children, families, team members, and all visitors
- Manage Centre performance by applying strong business and financial discipline to meet targets and Assessment & Ratings results
- Ensure the Centre complies with the National Quality Framework (NQF) across all related areas
- Manage and coordinate curricula with staff that complies with state and federal requirements
- Ensure that centre facilities are safe for children and comply with laws and regulations
- Actively ensure you are attracting, converting, and retaining families by effectively managing enrolment enquiries, Centre tours, and orientations, and building respectful and reciprocal relationships with children and families
- Evaluate and purchase materials, equipment, and supplies
- Manage and support teaching staff and promote their professional development
- Interview, hire, and train new staff members, ensuring they meet all policies and legal requirements
- Complete ongoing training and courses to remain up to date on Child Care Centre standards and procedures
- Communicate and meet with parents regarding their children and the centre’s policies
- Manage and oversee the budget and accounts and ensure that the centre remains profitable
- Develop and facilitate a marketing and communications plan
- Sound Knowledge of National quality framework, Early Years Learning Framework and South Australian Education Board standards
- High-level leadership and interpersonal skills to ensure the success of the Child Care Centre
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education and Care or related
- Early childhood education and care experience
- A current DCSI / DHS Child related employment screening or Working with Children Check
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Friendly and approachable demeanour
- High degree of professionalism and judgement with the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- High level written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate and liaise effectively and sensitively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and to work to deadlines
- Intermediate knowledge and experience in MS Office, Outlook and Qikkids
- Supports productive relationships with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently and with people at all levels
- Industry knowledge and experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Hessel Children’s Centre, part of the Hessel Group is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Hessel Children’s Centre
We are opening our doors in Port Adelaide this September. If you are interested in learning more, please click here.