As a support worker, you will be supporting people who are living with a disability. Our client’s ages can range from infant to adults aged 64. You will be supporting the individual needs of each client and assisting them to reach their individual goals to develop a greater level of independence.
Support is generally carried out within a home environment. You would be required to assist with daily personal activities, respite, household tasks, physical wellbeing, assistance with school or other education programs and social activities.
Sound good? does this sound like you?
- Have a positive outlook and belief in each person’s potential
- Kind and empathetic to the needs of others
- A good problem solver
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with people
- A genuine interest in people
- Adaptable and flexibile
- Professional work ethic
What you would need
- Certificate III in Individual Support or higher
- Experience working with children or adults living with a disability
- Child Safe Environments Training – Online or RAN -EC not accepted